- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Daily Wire Tip Oct. 4: 28-Gauge Wire Project Ideas
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip May 16: How to Keep From Scratching Wire
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
May 16, 2010
I can’t seem to keep from scratching or nicking the wire when I wrap. I have very shaky hands, but I refuse to give up. Would a nylon tip pliers help when pulling the wires on a cabochon?
I admire your determination. My advise would be to cover the tips of the pliers you use most often for this one procedure with a single layer of tape, as it is my opinion that nylon jaw pliers are too wide and thick to grasp that top wire tightly enough to do a good job.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here