- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip Aug. 3: Wrapping Small Gemstones
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
August 3, 2010
What would be the smallest size gem stone that I could use to wire wrap?
-Karen in Dallas, Georgia
The smallest size gemstone to set with wire will depend on personal skills. If one is proficient in creating wire settings, then anything from an 8x10mm and larger should not present a challenge. I usually teach on a larger stone so folks can actually see what they are doing, and give “homework” on a smaller stone. As with anything worth doing right, practice, practice, practice!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here