- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip Oct. 16: Gluing Crystals to Gemstones
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
October 16, 2010
Do you know what type of adhesive would work to apply small flat back crystals to a gemstone (such as turquoise)? I want to incorporate this into my wire work pendants.
-Wendy in North Jersey, New Jersey
To adhere something like the flat back crystals you mention, you will first have to "rough up" the spot on the cab where you would like to put it. To do so, you might use a fine diamond burr on a Dremel and then I would recommend using E6000 as the adhesive. You may wish to try adding a spot of this glue to the back of one of these crystals first, to see if it reacts in any ill way, as some mirror finishes will dissolve with certain glues.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here