- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Daily Wire Tip Oct. 4: 28-Gauge Wire Project Ideas
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 5: Setting Large Gems in Prong Pendants
- Daily Wire Tip Sept. 7: Variations on Woven Beaded Bracelet
- Daily Wire Tip Aug. 14: Formulas for Pricing Jewelry
Tracey McKenzie – Contributing Wire Artist
Those of you who are signed up to receive Free Wire Jewelry Patterns may be seeing some patterns from Tracey McKenzie soon…
Born in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England, Tracey has also lived in New Zealand and currently resides in Australia. A lover of animals and birds, when I asked Tracey about her creative side she replied, “I have always been artistic and basically grew up with a pencil in my mouth. I would draw, and draw and draw! When I was about 14, I started to make basic jewellery pieces, using beads and elastic. This only lasted a few years.
I got back into drawing first, and started to do portraits of people and pets, on a commission basis. If I wasn’t drawing, or painting I would find myself getting frustrated, as I knew I wanted to make, paint or do something, I just didn’t know what. I realized that I needed to do something that was quick and that had almost instant gratification, as portraits take many, MANY hours to do.
So one day I bought some more beads and then I bought some wire and began playing around with jewellery making. This time I was hooked! I would source the Internet, and magazines on “how to.” Once I got the basics I just wanted to know more. This was about 5 years ago now, and I haven’t looked back.
I love working with wire, and with colour. So now if I’m not drawing or painting, there is no chance of the artistic, internal frustration I previously experienced as I just pick up some wire, grab some beads, and let the creations flow!”
Tracey McKenzie has made Brisbane, Queensland, Australia her home where she, her supportive husband, and their two children enjoy their many family pets, both feathered and furry.
Click here to see other Contributing Guest Artists and Wire Faculty Members.