- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip Jan. 6: Tumbling Jump Rings for Chain Maille
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
January 6, 2011
I have started making chain maille jewelry, but I find that most rings are too soft for my liking. I hear that tumbling the rings will temper them, giving them more strength. I would like to know what kind of media to use and how long to tumble them.
-Tom in Marshall, Missouri
We have a great article that tells you about everything you need to know about tumbling your chain maille pieces, called Tumbling Your Jewelry. It can also be found in our Resource Center, under Caring for your Jewelry.
I am sure that a lot of folks will add additional experiences and advice, so be sure to check back on this post!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question