- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip Jan. 13: Large Hole Pearls for Necklaces
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
January 13, 2011
I would like to use pearls to make a leather knotted necklace. Where would I find pearls that I could use?
-Judy in Monroe, Louisiana
Hi Judy, we carry a nice selection of large hole freshwater pearls here on Wire-Sculpture. With the exception of the round black ones, they will all fit on wire up to and including 18-gauge round! (That means up to 19-gauge square.) Buying them is a lot easier than reaming them!
If you already have some pearls that you want to use, check out this video: How to Ream a Pearl.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question