- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Daily Wire Tip Feb. 10: Spray Protectants for a Glossy Finish
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
February 10, 2011
In the Rock Tumbling 101 tip, regarding tumbling and polishing slabs etc., you indicated using a "spray protectant." What type of protectant is this? I have not really heard of this before.
-Teri in Golden, Colorado
Hi Teri, just about any acrylic spray will work, you can find these in department and hardware stores. I know some folks who have used a Krylon product with great results. Simply do an Internet search for "Krylon Protectant Spray." I’ve updated the tip to be include this information. I am sure that folks will pop in and comment with their experiences to help even more!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question