Print Friendly

Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
February 10, 2011


In the Rock Tumbling 101 tip, regarding tumbling and polishing slabs etc., you indicated using a "spray protectant." What type of protectant is this? I have not really heard of this before.

-Teri in Golden, Colorado


Hi Teri, just about any acrylic spray will work, you can find these in department and hardware stores. I know some folks who have used a Krylon product with great results. Simply do an Internet search for "Krylon Protectant Spray." I’ve updated the tip to be include this information. I am sure that folks will pop in and comment with their experiences to help even more!

Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong

Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question

Click to Receive Daily Tips by Email

Be Sociable, Share!