- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Daily Wire Tip Oct. 4: 28-Gauge Wire Project Ideas
- Introducing Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry DVDs
- Intermediate DVD Series Release! – Jewelry Making Instructions
- Daily Wire Tip March 19: Lessons for Beginners
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 16: Tutorial Videos
Wire Jewelry Idea August 22: Pattern Wire Druzy Pendant
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Wire Jewelry Idea for
August 22, 2012
Name: Pattern Wire Wrap
Submitted by: Elizabeth Bisogni
Technique used: Pattern wire shaping, cabochon setting, snapset technique
- Pattern Wire Elizabeth used brass, but you can find silver pattern wire and steel pattern wire here
- Druzy Cabochon
- Pearl beads
- 20-gauge square sterling silver wire
- 8mm olive CZ and gold filled snapset
When you’ve learned how to make a cabochon frame, why not start dressing it up? Elizabeth dressed up this druzy pendant by using pattern wire for the frame as well as twisted square wire. Then, she embellished the frame with a snapset stone surrounded by pearls! What a dose of inspiration!
Elizabeth says, I always loved pattern wire and I wanted to create something different besides bracelets. I took my Olive Green Druzy that I purchased at Wire Sculpture and wrapped it with 3mm Brass Pattern Wire accented with 20-gauge Sterling Silver twisted wire added 4mm white pearls and 8mm olive cz snapset. Then took a small piece of pattern wire and wrap it around the bail. Pattern Wire can also be used to make rings, which I have done also.
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea you’d like to share? Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!