- Introducing Metalworking 101 with Patti Bullard!
- Daily Wire Tip Sept. 19: Wire for a Bangle Bracelet
- Daily Wire Tip August 10: Wire Wrapping Stones with No Holes
- Daily Wire Tip: Making a Cuff Wire Bracelet
- Daily Wire Tip July 27: Wrapping a Ring Shank
- Daily Wire Tip Apr. 25: Crystal Wave Ring Finishing Tips
- Daily Wire Tip Apr. 7: Wrapping a Large Pearl Ring
- Daily Wire Tip Apr. 6: Cabochon Wrapping Tutorials
- Daily Wire Tip: A First Traditional Wire Wrapping Project
- Daily Wire Tip Feb. 5: Setting Large Gems in Prong Pendants
Featured Tool: Steel Bench Block #DAP-525.10
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for October 22, 2012
This week’s tool: 2-1/2" Square Steel Bench Block, #DAP-525.10
Video by Kate, JewelryTools.com
This week’s featured tool from JewelryTools.com is the Steel Bench Block, Small Economy Block DAP-525.10. You can use this bench block for flattening and shaping wire along with a hammer. It’s also handy if you use stamps to "type" on jewelry.
For an easy way to protect your table and cut down on the noise, lay a piece of non-skid shelf liner on the table, then set your steel bench block on top. This will also prevent your block from moving as you hammer.
There are premade bench block pillows you can buy, but you can also make your own block pillow by filling a rubber hot water bottle with sand or dry rice. seal and pop it under your bench block. Your pets, kids, husband, or neighbors might thank you!
This block weighs in at 1 pound, 6 ounces. It’s 1" tall and the surface is 2-1/2" square.
Click here to see the
Or, click below to see Blocks on Wire-Sculpture.com: